Shakespeare by the Sea is an outdoor summer Shakespeare Festival, running two shows in rep. Our festival is based in San Pedro with performances beginning at Pt. Fermin Park, and touring to parks throughout Los Angeles and Orange Counties from mid-June to mid-August annually. We are seeking self-starting, organized, experienced and enthusiastic candidates for these positions.
Applicants must have own reliable transportation and a reliable cell phone and reside in Southern California. Ability to work in Word, excel, Google Docs proficiently. We do provide access to a computer with internet, but having own computer and internet access is a plus. A self-starter who is able to follow-through with details, communicate with Producers, diffuse problems, and help motivate festival personnel and volunteers to adhere to our deadlines, while also being friendly and professional.
Submit cover letter & resume by April 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stage Manager now accepting resumes!
Successful candidates will be organized, self-starters with a friendly and outgoing personality who enjoy being part of a team.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Provide practical and organizational support to the directors and producers
• Facilitate interdepartmental communications during rehearsals and throughout the performance run by way of rehearsal and performance reports, as well as any additional communication required.
• Communicating director’s needs to department heads as required
• Facilitate and coordinate actor communication (including sending out of Daily Calls, reminders of tour locations, etc.)
• Working with the directors to create effective rehearsal schedules that will maximize rehearsal time
• Running all rehearsals (including set up and strike of any props and equipment required for each rehearsal
• Taking blocking and script change notes as required
• Working with the P.A.D. and A.P. to coordinate actor tour responsibilities
• Running computer playback (in conjunction with the sound engineer) for recorded announcements and sound cues
• To oversee (in conjunction with the tour manager, P.A.D. and A.P.) all set up and strike of production elements during tour
• Maintenance of the show after opening
• Other duties as required to ensure that the production runs smoothly
Sound Engineer now accepting resumes!
SBTS is currently seeking motivated, energetic, and flexible candidates to serve as Sound Engineer for the festival. Candidates must have two or three years of professional experience, have experience with digital mixing consoles, microphones, and mixing sound for large-cast shows.
The Sound Engineer is responsible for:
- Operation of maintenance of all sound equipment at each performance venue throughout the summer (including microphones, speakers, speaker stands, amps, and mixing boards)
- Updating and maintaining inventory of sound equipment.
- Set up and strike (with the Assistant Sound Engineer) of all sound equipment at each performance venue for technical rehearsals and performances.
- Working in cooperation with each stage manager for cue operation during technical rehearsals and performances.
- Engineering microphones and sound cues during all performances.
- Working as a team with Producing Artistic Director, Associate Producer and Stage Managers to create the best sound quality for each show.
- Facilitating communication of sound needs during rehearsals and performances.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sound Engineer Assistant now accepting resumes!
SBTS is currently seeking motivated, energetic, and flexible candidates to serve as Sound Assistant for the festival. Candidates must have some sound crew experience in live theatre, be willing to assist with lifting and carrying sound equipment at each venue, as well as providing support to the sound engineer where needed.
The Sound Engineer Assistant is responsible for:
- Working with the Sound Engineer to facilitate maintenance of all sound equipment at each performance venue throughout the summer (including microphones, speakers, speaker stands, amps, and mixing boards)
- Set up and strike (with assistance) of all sound equipment at each performance venue for technical rehearsals and performances.
- Providing support for the sound engineer and stage manager for the running of sound equipment during performances and technical rehearsals.
- Other duties as assigned.