Shakespeare by the Sea couldn't run without the folks who come out to lend a helping hand by volunteering. We invite you to invest a little of your time and energy to help us get our festival up and running and keep it operating smoothly throughout the season. You'll meet some great people and become part of something truly special.
Become a member of one of our Volunteer Committees:
- Club 100 – distribute flyers
- Raffle Committee – help find / gather raffle prizes
- Performance Posse – help staff the performances
- Tour City Committee – help find support in your community
Club100 – distribute 100 flyers in your community.
Help us spread the word about SBTS performances this summer. Pass out 100 flyers (or more) in your community. Wherever you go, leave a trail of SBTS flyers behind — libraries, coffee shops, salons, break rooms, recreation facilities, club meetings, church, etc. In exchange, we'll be happy to provide you with reserved seating for 2 at any performance. Simply contact Cindy Moser with your mailing address and tell her how many you'd like to distribute. We'll mail them to you right away.
Raffle Committee – help us find and gather raffle prizes
- Help scour the Southland for raffle prizes
- Need help making follow up phone calls and picking up prizes too
Performance Posse – help staff the performances
- Help with the nightly setup and breakdown
- Sell programs
- Survey the audience
- Sell t-shirts and other merchandise
- Sell concessions
- Provide general audience support
- Get to see the performance
- HAVE FUN!!!!
At any/all of the performances. See our calendar and/or locations page for schedule.What YOU need to do:
Send an email to Lisa and let her know you're interested and available. You will be asked to attend an orientation, and we'll get you signed up to volunteer at a performance.
- There is always a lot to do – and a lot of performances to cover throughout the summer with volunteer manpower.
- Sign up to volunteer today!
Tour City Committee – help find support in your community
We don't know your community as well as you do, so we need folks in our tour cities who are willing to help represent SBTS by connecting us to organizations in those cities who may be able to support our performances financially, i.e. Rotary Clubs, Women's Clubs, Friends of the Parks, Kiwanis, etc. Email Lisa Coffi to get involved.