- 1998 – Comedy of Errors (audience: 3000)
- 1999 – Taming of the Shrew (audience: 5000)
- 2000 – Midsummer Night’s Dream (audience: 6000)
- 2001 – Tempest and As You Like It (audience: 8000)
- 2002 – Much Ado About Nothing and Macbeth (audience: 10,000)
- 2003 – Romeo & Juliet and Twelfth Night (estimated audience: 12,000)
- 2004 – Richard III and Two Gentlemen of Verona
- 2005 – Merry Wives of Windsor and Othello
- 2006 – Comedy of Errors and Hamlet
- 2007 – The Taming of the Shrew and The Merchant of Venice
- 2008 – A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Antony & Cleopatra
- 2009 – As You Like It and Love’s Labour’s Lost
- 2010 – Twelfth Night and Julius Caesar
- 2011 – Much Ado About Nothing and The Tragedy of King Lear
- 2012 – Two Gentlemen of Verona and Romeo & Juliet
- 2013 – All’s Well That Ends Well and King John
SBTS shows are FREE! We do not take reservations. All seating is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Seating accommodations vary from venue to venue. See our Locations page for details about each site. Blankets are recommended at all locations.
Check our Locations page for directions to each venue.
We encourage our patrons to come early and enjoy a picnic dinner on site. SBTS offers a limited selection of drink and snack items at our concession stand.
About 2 hours, with a 10-15 minute intermission in the middle.
The festival was founded in 1998.
We apply for a lot of grants and ask a lot of people for their support.
We produce year-round theatre with our Little Fish Theatre program. We’ve transformed San Pedro’s old city tow yard into an intimate and versatile black box space and present an eclectic mix of new, contemporary and classic plays. Located in the heart of downtown San Pedro on the corner of 8th and Centre St.
From all over Los Angeles & Orange Counties.
In April – May, on the Auditions page on this web site and in Backstage West.
We have approximately 500 submissions, of which about 100 actors are called in to audition. Of the 100, about 60 are called back, and from them we cast 15-24 actors, based on the needs of the shows.
See our Locations page to find out when and where you can see an SBTS performance.
We award a prize each evening by drawing a name from the tickets purchased that evening (must be present to win). Anyone who does not win that evening goes back into the drawing for the grand, 2nd and 3rd place prizes (need not be present to win).
It expands our reach to different audiences.
Since our 2nd year, Lisa has been calling other cities and finding new venues to tour to. If the city is willing to sponsor our performances – we go.
Raffle tickets are sold at every performance.
Check out our Things to Bring list.