Shakespeare by the Sea couldn’t run without the folks who come out to lend a helping hand by volunteering. We invite you to invest a little of your time and energy to help us get our festival up and running and keep it operating smoothly throughout the season. You’ll meet some great people and become part of something truly special.
Become a member of one of our Volunteer Committees:
- Host a Facebook, Meet-Up, or other social media event at one of our shows. We can even teach you how!
- Let us know when your group is coming. We’ll shout out to you from Facebook, and make sure you get a visit from one of our directors or producers before the show.
- We would particularly love to hear from people who will help us reach South Pasadena, Encino, Whittier, Oak Park, Santa Ana and Beverly Hills. These communities are teeming with lovers of Shakespeare who don’t know about us yet.
- We reward generously with up-front, reserved seating and VIP treatment.
Email email@example.com, if you are willing and able to pitch in!
Even if you’re an internet novice, you can help us reach your network of friends. Your friends are our future friends if you will take a few minutes to:
- Post a glowing review on Yelp
- Like us on Facebook, like our posts and share them on your page.
- Post pictures on Facebook of you and your friends at SBTS performances.
- Use email to invite your friends to a performance or let them know about our shows
- Post a performance near you on your local Patch.com
Send firstname.lastname@example.org a link to your event, posting, etc. and in exchange, we’ll be happy to reserve seats or space on the grass for you at one of our performances.
- Help scour the Southland for raffle prizes
- Need help making follow up phone calls and picking up prizes too
- Help with the nightly setup and breakdown
- Sell programs
- Survey the audience
- Sell t-shirts and other merchandise
- Sell concessions
- Provide general audience support
- Get to see the performance
- HAVE FUN!!!!
At any/all of the performances. See our calendar and/or locations page for schedule.What YOU need to do:
Send an email to Lisa and let her know you’re interested and available. You will be asked to attend an orientation, and we’ll get you signed up to volunteer at a performance.
- There is always a lot to do – and a lot of performances to cover throughout the summer with volunteer manpower.
- Sign up to volunteer today!